updated design/lettering on the bee
Okay here's the bee with the Catawba lettering a bit smaller. Let me know if it's a go or if we need to nudge it some more.
Okay here we go! First, a few things:
- We ran some test prints on our digital printer.
- Don't get stuck on the shirt brand or color. I wanted you to see the designs printed to size...a few sizing options are shown and explained on the attached tags. You'll see when it's in front of you.
- The sample prints are on the front and back...from 3.5" chest size all the way up to 10" super full size.
- I know, I know...they are black inked. That's because our digital printer does not print white ink. But we use it a lot when we want to see what we're going to get BEFORE we burn screens, setup the job on the big auto, etc.
- We DID sort of find one concerning thing in the distress overlay on the bee when it's a left chest size. We might want to thicken those scratch lines up a bit. Since we'll be screen printing with plastisol ink, super fine lines don't always show up.
- One suggestion/thought/thing to offer. When we had our retail shop in town, I created a design that I offered on colors very similar to these. But we printed it in a cream colored ink and that print kind of went viral. We sold it for three years and it never quit...it was much-loved. People from the marinas would come in asking for it because they saw someone wearing it. Then they started coming for all the colors. It was the strangest thing. The cream ink was vintage looking and it sort of knocked down that bright white. I dug through my closet and took some quick pix for you. Not sure if you can really tell the difference here but the one on the left is bright white and the one on the left is cream. It's a custom-mixed ink color that we do here.
So here we go. I think I got it right (ref shirt color to design option). If not, as always, let me know.
Looked closely at offerings and availability in the sweatshirt realm. Kind of still looking. Here's a start.